Maintaining your infield with mixes and conditioners before summer arrives is essential. Here’s what to look for when shopping for soil conditioners.
- Know your mineral: What is the base material of the product? Minerals perform differently. Montmorillonite has the best structure for a soil conditioner.3
- Absorption: Has the mineral been thermally optimized for maximum absorption?
- Color: Will the product help you meet the standards for professional looking fields, like a deep red color to enhance contrast with the white ball?
- Liquid-holding capacity: This measures the internal pore volume of the mineral. Will your conditioner absorb and, more importantly, retain moisture?
- Stability: Will your conditioner resist breakdown and deliver long-lasting performance?
- Minimal use: Will the product apply cleanly and not blow away?
Learn more about what pros take into consideration when choosing infield mixes.