For many groundskeepers, it’s a dream to work for a professional sports team. Keep these ten tips in mind as you work toward your goal.
What it takes to make it to the “bigs”
- Find a mentor.
- Network, network and network.
- Be patient for your chance.
- If you get your chance and score an interview, don’t swing and miss. Be prepared.
- A willingness to work long hours.
- Agronomic smarts is a given, but must have a willingness to become even more agronomically astute.
- Have to be able to handle the pressure.
- Have to be able to handle the limelight.
- Business acumen for budgeting.
- Able to balance career and family.